NY State Mold Abatement Worker Course
This course is the NY State Mold Abatement Worker course regulated by New York State Department of Labor, Articles 32. This 2 day (16 hours) course will cover subjects including the below:
- Introduction of Course of mold including Observation and determination of mold growth.
- Mold Regulation, Technical & Legal
- Potential Health Effect
- Hazard Communication
- Indoor Air Pollution an Sick Building
There is an allocated time assigned for interactive (hands-on) participation from the students. The hands-on participation includes:
- Work Place Hazards
- How to minimizing Exposure
- Removing mold
- Cleaning mold
- Treating mold
- State of the art technology of address mold
NY DOL Regulations:
Mold Project (abatement) is defined as the act of removal, cleaning, sanitizing, or surface disinfection of mold, mold containment, and waste handling of mold and materials used to remove mold from surfaces by an individual. This license is for any individual engaging in mold projects that involves abatement of an area of greater than ten (10) square feet is required to hold a mold abatement worker license. For more information.
As per Articles 32, it is unlawful for any person to engage, advertise or hold themselves out as remediation contractor, or abatement worker unless they have a valid mold license, issued by the Commissioner, for the type of work they will be performing. Individuals who do so may be subject to a civil penalty.
- Attend a DOL approved Mold Remediation Worker course
- Pass the course. Full attendance is required.
- The Training Provider for the course will issue a “certificate of completion” to the Licensee. Note: Students are required to have the day of class a NY state motor vehicle license or obtain specialized DMV ID number from NY State DMV. Without the appropriate ID number, the student’s certificate will not be release.
- Licensee will then submit the application form, appropriate fee and a copy of the “certificate of completion” to DOL.
- DOL will issue the Mold Remediation Worker license, which is valid for two years.