EPA Dust Sampling Technician Refresher– English
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (US EPA) and Office of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) have produced this course to refresh previously trained individuals how to conduct non-abatement lead dust clearance testing. This course is designed to be taught over approximately an 4.5-hour time period with at least 30 minutes hours devoted to hands-on training.
At the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Understand the Federal, State, and Indian Tribe regulatory requirements for lead dust clearance testing;
- Conduct a visual inspection and correctly identify visible dust, debris, and deteriorated paint;
- Appropriately determine where to take dust samples and how to develop a sampling strategy.
- Collect dust samples in accordance with standard acceptable procedures;
- Interpret the results of a laboratory analysis for lead in dust correctly;
- Apply these skills to conduct an appropriate lead dust clearance test in post-renovation and other circumstances;
- Write a complete, accurate, and understandable report of sampling results;
- Explain the results to the client.
Course are scheduled upon demand of ten (10) students or more. If interested in attending the Dust Wipe Sampling Technician (DST) Initial – English, please provided your name, telephone number and email address. Your name will be added to our list of possible attendees. Once we have the necessary headcount to schedule a class, someone will be in touch regarding the scheduled date. Please note, classes will be held at 1090 Bristol Road Mountainside, NJ 07092. If you have more than ten (10) people in your group we would be more than glad to offer a private class. Please complete our online form and someone from our training department will contact you within 24 hours.