EPA Renovate, Repair & Painting Initial– Spanish
8 hours, $200
This course is the EPA model course for certified renovators and meets all the requirements in 40 CFR 745.90. This 1-day (8-hour) class explains how to comply with EPA’s Renovation, Repair, and Painting Rule.
Subjects covered include:
- Health effects
- Lead-safe work practices
- Containment and cleaning
- Training non-certified renovation works
- Record keeping requirements
- Review of Prohibited Practices, Personal Protective Equipment and Dust Control
EPA Regulation Rule
This certification is required for all home improvement activities that disturb more than 6 square feet (interior) or more than 20 square feet (exterior) of paint in any housing built before 1978 that has not been certified as lead-based paint free. Individuals and firms that are not certified could face fines of up to $37,500 per day.
- All firms performing renovations must have at least one certified renovator on staff who has completed this training. FAQ
- All firms must be certified with EPA. Effective September 15, 2015 EPA requires firms to submit original and renewal firm certification application online. Acceptable methods for payments online include credit card, debit card, or electronic check.
- Any student who has already completed the EPA Lead-Safe Work Practices, Abatement Supervisor, or Abatement Work can attend the half-day RRP Refresher course.
Event Registration has been temporarily closed while system maintenance is being performed. We're sorry for any inconveniences this may have caused. Please try back again later.